Tuesday 2 July 2013

Claydon

Crikey it's cold today, I've had to put my fleece on as we cruised this morning and some long trouser wear. We have moved a six miles and are now moored for the night  near  Claydon the most northerly village in Oxfordshire.










This picture doesn't do the colours in this field justice,it is full of purple red orange and yellow wild flowers.




We moored earlier than we going to today as it was just started to spit with rain as we approached the Claydon locks and didn't fancy getting wet while we worked the locks so we will wait until tomorrow before working ourselves through.

We both had a nap this afternoon, relaxing is very tiring . While Sue was napping I set of on foot to walk into Claydon its less than half a mile from the canal. I walked for 1.25 miles and came across a sign at a crossroads which told me Claydon was 1.50 miles back the way I came. I really should have studied the map before I left, I had turned left of the canal instead of right!

St James the Great , Claydon


No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...