Friday 19 July 2013

Changing of the Guard

The Watermans Arms wasn't serving food last night so we had a quick drink and went on to The George Inn another dog-friendly pub where we enjoyed excellent food. It wasn't till I got back to the boat and looked at my receipt that I found our drinks had not been included in the bill. I am now panged with guilt so I might have to go back today and put matters right.




These guards are so young.



Changing or the guard at Windsor Castle 

As I was standing at the side of the road waiting for the guards to march past I tried to remember the last time I watched The changing of the guard. It must have been when I was a schoolboy even though I lived most of my life within ten miles of the castle and was a frequent visitor. The band started playing and the guards marched and it brought a lump to my throat and a watery eye. The guard changes at 1115hrs each day except Sundays, the roads are closed to traffic as they march back to barracks it's a wonderful sight and I will make sure I witness it again next time we are in Windsor.

Glyn and Christine joined  us in the evening for a meal at The George 

No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...