Monday 24 June 2013

Dog Rose's

Yesterday was my 100th blog, now hasn't that gone quick and my audience from the blogger overview show's  5356 times somebody somewhere has logged on to read my utterances. It also shows where about in the world they have sat at their PC's and viewed.

This is the league table of where people have logged in from, how this correlates to the 5356 total views I'm not sure.

United Kingdom
209
United States
176
Russia
48
Isle of Man
38
France
17
China
11
Ukraine
9
Poland
6
Germany
4
Netherlands
3

We moved from Wigrams in warm overcast conditions and moored 2 miles outside of Braunston near bridge 100. Took some interesting pictures in the hedgerows











Dog Rose


 I got the beer hunter out 







filled the tyres with air and cycled along the towpath to Braunston Village for provisions  and a trip to the chandlers for a new seal for the loo.

 I should of took a machete with me because in one part the towpath was completely blocked by a fallen tree. 




On this occasion I didn't visit the local hostelries but I then I knew there was a cold one waiting for me back at the boat. 

 In Braunston I stopped and chatted to a moored elderly boater sitting on the tow path enjoying the sun and a beer and I asked him if he was there for the Braunston Historic Boat Rally. "Not bloody likely they moor 3 abreast down here and it's mayhem, load of posh tossers showing of their engines pretending to be from some boating family or other, give me a Jap engine any day"  Sorry I asked, I'm really looking forward to the show, you meet all types on the canal and everyone has an opinion to respect.


No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...