Sunday 9 June 2013

Billy Twelvetrees

Saturday

We stayed put for another day and I rubbed down the roof sections I had treated earlier to a couple of coats of primer and gave them a top coat of gloss.I got the beer hunter out and cycled 5 miles, but alas no beer was found.

We did some fishing but no luck there , Sue made a sticky ginger cake so some luck there, played games in the evening Sue won at Scrabble I won at cards(Fred). Watched the  Argentina v England rugby game and was impressed by England's first half performance.  England won 3 - 32 but didn't perform well in the second half Billy Twelvetrees was my man of the match.

Red sky at night is not always right.

Sunday and its very chilly, coats back on, we set off for Napton on the Hill. 


One of the Napton flight of locks
Building in background is circa 1865

We stopped and moored before the bottom lock and had Sunday lunch in the The Folly Inn , beef for Sue and pork for me.

No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...