Friday 24 May 2013

Floating Gongoozler's

Gongoozler is a term used for those people who enjoy watching canal activity, especially around locks. I have also heard the Gongoozler term used to describe those on the towpath that would peer into windows of moored boats.

If this is the case then it is the boater who is the most proficient Gongoozler, hardly a boat passes by without the helmsman taking a peek in the porthole and being met with a cheery wave, and I must be the biggest Gongoozler of them all.

I'm afraid my head and eyes swivel, (involuntary I must add) into boats as we pass as though magnetised by the great sheets of steel. I don't understand why I do it maybe I just want someone to be home and wave or maybe I am just searching for ideas to fit our own bateau.

No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...