Thursday 9 May 2019

Lost in Fradley

After leaving the marina last week we have had a slow meander  down the Trent & Mersey and turning right onto the Coventry canal at Fradley Junction.



The Swan at Fradley Junction
You can't stop in Fradley without going to the Swan for a drink.
Bev and Sue at the Swan.



I was reunited with my wallet, I didn't know it was lost - A big thank you to Adam and Rocco the dog who found it on the towpath, to Kelly -  landlady at the Swan in Fradley who through social media's FB managed to contact my daughter. Still not sure how that works but glad that it did.

Stayed put in Fradley for a very wet day, the following day was drier but cold as we cruised southwards. We stopped at Streethay Wharf (Adam works in the paint shed here) to pick a bag of coal up, hopefully the last till next winter.


Hopwas wood bridge


Same bridge showing WW2 pill box

We moored below Tamhorn farm bridge on the outskirts of Hopwas, from here I walked into Tamworth in search of a dentist to refit a 20 year old crown that had come adrift. Riverside dental practice had me in the chair within half hour of walking in the door -  my own dentist in Stone couldn't fit me in as an emergency for two weeks. 







No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...