Tuesday 18 May 2021

In the deep.

Dropped my phone into the drink, this marina is at least ten feet to the bottom.

I tried in vain with a magnet on the end of a rope, only managing to capture a few screws and a Stanley blade, I then tried trawling with a landing net tie-wrapped to the end of a boat pole nothing came up with the silt bar a few freshwater mussels.

.


 I'm not beating myself up too badly as in 38 years of owning boats it's the first time this sort of thing has happened...... apart from the time I lost a mate (briefly) under the water in Romney lock.

 

Balloons have been taking off from the marina grounds early mornings.





Grenade 

No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...