Saturday 11 January 2014

Bagels & Potions



Rob has finished the woodwork for us in FL today, the transformation is striking. 





So I thought to myself how hard can this baking lark be, Sue can knock up a fantastic loaf, cake or scone with ease. I like a bagel so I knocked up some dough ball rings (flour,sugar,salt and yeast) boiled them in bicarbonate water for a minute, a bit of egg wash, top with a few seeds and baked them for 25 mins ... Voila.



Our friend Elaine who practices in natural remedies kindly made me up a potion and chest rub for my irritating cough and it is working a treat. I'm feeling much better today and have hardly had to cough.

No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...