Sunday, 8 September 2013

Decision made

We have decided we will stay at Aston over the winter. We will also stay here this week while I get the wet&dry, paint and brushes out and do some painting. Festina Lente looks rather battled scarred in beside the boats on the pontoon. After having me at the helm for five months she is entitled to look a bit shabby.

So I set about the stern rubbing, washing, rubbing, washing, once dry it was on with the undercoat, I just got the last bit done when light rain started. I put a large umbrella up to try and  protect it. Fortunately it is a quick drying paint, we will have to wait till tomorrow to see if it's OK.






No comments: