Friday 12 April 2013

Change of plan

We wont be going over this weekend, I have changed my leaving date to 19th April.

 So ferry booked and we will be starting our life aboard Festina on the 20th.......   CAN'T  WAIT.......

Ferry is booked as well as a first night B&B booking in the Narrowboat at Weedon Bec.  Link  (we will be able to see our boat from the pub window) as the ferry is due to dock in Liverpool at 1800hrs and its a 3 hour drive to Weedon.

I am thinking about installing two 100w solar panels to help keep the batteries topped up, this firm is quite reasonable LINK but they drill and tap the roof for the brackets where as other company's bond them on.

I'll perhaps wait until I am part of the canal community and get some informed pointers.




No comments:

Sunshine and Ice

Stop planks at Aston lock. Canal is frozen solid with 3" thick ice.   During last weeks cold snap we had a little frost forming on the ...