Saturday, 16 March 2013

What's in a name

The only thing I didn't like about the boat was the name "Festina Lente"  I thought it to be an amalgamation of the previous owners daughters names or such like  and would need to be changed but  I punched the name into Wikipedia  and the result was this:

Festina lente or σπεῦδε βραδέως (speude bradeos) is a classical adage and oxymoron meaning "make haste slowly" or "more haste, less speed". It has been used as the motto of many people including the emperors Augustus and Titus, the Medicis and the Onslows

Now I absolutely love it, it represents for me exactly how I want to spend the rest of my life.Even if it is an oxymoron

2 comments:

Paulo Gonçalves said...

Hello,
I visited your blog.
Congratulations for your work!! An interesting and nice blog!!
Good luck with your blog!
Greetings from Algarve, Portugal
Paulo Gonçalves

I invite you to visit my blog
http://viajaredescobrir.blogspot.com

Sandra Louise Walsh said...

It is indeed a lovely name :-)
Sandra